Ezras Cholim of Phoenix a project of Ezras Cholim of Arizona was started in 2015 by a group of dedicated volunteers to serve the needs of people facing illness in the Greater Phoenix Jewish community.
Our Mission is to channel the chesed of our community and advocate for the needs of Jewish patients and their families in area hospitals.
Alan and Peshie Kasloff
On August 7, 2015 my wife and I were involved in a serious car accident in Scottsdale. My wife was hospitalized at Honor Health, Osborn St. for 3 weeks and I was more fortunate, being released in 4 days. The Bikur Cholim led by Yecheskiel Friedman came to our rescue arranging wonderful housing for me with families in both Scottsdale and Phoenix. In addition, I was provided with comfortable personalized and timely transportation to an from the hospital almost on demand...And I can't forget the amazing home cooked Shabbos meals for both of us! The efforts of the Ezras Cholim of Phoenix made the challenging time for both of us much easier to deal with. We will always be grateful.
Sincerely, Alan Kasloff
What We Do
What kinds of things do Ezras Cholim of Phoenix visitors do? Ezras Cholim visitors are involved in manifold ways of helping — either as an individual, in an “army of one,” or as part of a coordinated team effort. There are so many ways one can help, caring gestures include:
- Visit a patient in the hospital/nursing home, or visit the home bound.
- Call a home bound senior before Shabbos.
- Bring food to a family with a new baby.
- Drive someone to a doctor’s appointment.
- Help a child, whose parent is hospitalized, with homework.
- Say psalms together or on behalf of the ill.
- Take someone’s car to be filled with gas.
- Bring gift certificates from places which deliver food, so a family can make its own food choices and not feel dependent on what others cook for them.
- Call when you are at the store, and say “I am here. What can I pick up for you?”
- Share your hobbies, such as baking, singing or writing.
“Yecheskel, I want you to know that my parents arrived back in Mexico, and BH, everything went well. Thanks for all your attentions, Tizke Lamitvots!!!!!!”
Rabbi David Rebibo
Senior Rabbi - Beth Joseph Congregation
Rabbi Moshe Goldberg
Rabbi of Ohr Hatorah
Rabbi Shimon Yerucham Green
Rav of Kehillas HaTurim and the Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivas HaTurim
Rabbi Ariel Shoshan
Rabbi of Ahavas Torah : The Scottsdale Torah Center
Rabbi Yossi Bryski
Rabbi of Young Israel of Phoenix
Rabbi Raphael Landesman
Head of School - Shearim Torah High School for Girls
Rabbi Daniel Itahov
Shaarei Tzion Ohel Bracha
In Tucson - Rabbi Israel Becker
Rabbi of Congregation Chofetz Chayim
Board of Directors
President and Founder
Volunteer Fundraisers: Ayala Shoshan, Galina Itahov
Volunteer Food Coordinator: Galina Itahov
Transportation Coordinator: Billy Flowers
Dr. Shani Sacks
Shani S. Saks, DO, MS, FACOI
Arizona Heart Institute